Hello everyone, welcome to my new Conda Install OpenCV Python Tutorial. In this tutorial you will learn to install OpenCV in python using anaconda. OpenCV is a very popular library for image processing and computer vision. So if you have decided to learn OpenCV then the first thing you have to do is install it which I am going to discuss in this tutorial.
We can install OpenCV in anaconda in three ways which are following –
- Using anaconda navigator
- Using anaconda prompt
- Using Jupyter notebook
Before proceeding to the main topic of this tutorial, first we will discuss OpenCV and Anaconda. So let’s know- what is OpenCV?
What is OpenCV?
- OpenCV is a very popular open source python library for image processing, machine learning and computer vision.
- It is used to process images and videos to identify objects, faces, or even handwriting of a human.
- Object recognition, Medical image analysis, Face recognition, Robot and driver-less car navigation and control etc., are some applications of opencv.
What is anaconda?
- Anaconda is an open-source distribution of the Python and R programming languages for data science that aims to simplify package management and deployment.
- It is created by data scientists for data scientists.
- The Anaconda distribution comes with over 250 packages automatically installed. Over 7500 additional open-source packages can be installed from PyPI as well as the conda package and virtual environment manager.
Conda Install OpenCV Python – Three Ways To Install OpenCV in python using Anaconda
Let’s start to learn how to install OpenCV in Anaconda. There are three possible ways to install the OpenCV module in Anaconda. We will see each of them one by one in detail so that you can understand them easily.
But first of all you have to install anaconda on your system. If you have already installed it then skip this step otherwise follow this guide – install anaconda on windows.
Now I hope you have done the installing part so let’s move further.
1. Using anaconda navigator
We can install OpenCV in anaconda using anaconda navigator. To do so we have to follow the following steps.
- Open anaconda navigator
This is our anaconda navigator interface. Here you can see the Environments option on the left side.
2. Now click on Environments
On clicking the Environments option we will get the following interface.
Here, if you have only one environment that is base(root) which is a default environment then first you have to create a new environment. You can watch the following tutorial to create a new environment in anaconda navigator.
3. Now select the Not installed option from the drop down and search opencv in the search box.
4. Now select all three options and click on Apply button.
5. Packages are collecting
6. Now click on Apply button
7. Now the opencv module is successfully installed using anaconda navigator. We can see it in the Installed option.
2. Using Anaconda Prompt
In this section, we will learn to install opencv using anaconda prompt. So to learn this let’s move further.
1. Go to the search option on your system and open anaconda prompt.
2. Run the following command in the anaconda prompt to install opencv.
pip install opencv-python
3. OpenCV is successfully installed using anaconda prompt.
If the above command is not working for you then you can run any one command from conda commands. Check out these commands here.
3. Using Jupyter Notebook
The third way by which we can install opencv with anaconda is using jupyter notebook. If you are not familiar with jupyter notebook then check this article jupyter notebook introduction.
1. Start your Jupyter notebook
2. Run the following command to install opencv using Jupyter notebook
This way we can install OpenCV using Jupyter notebook.
So guys these are the three ways through which we can install opencv in anaconda. I hope this Conda Install OpenCV Python Tutorial has helped you and you have completely understood these three ways. But if you are having any difficulties in any step, feel free to ask your queries in the comment section. In upcoming days you will get more opencv tutorials. So stay tuned with Dggul AI Tutorials and you can also tell me what topics I should cover in opencv. And the last thing is that don’t forget to share this tutorial with your friends.