Hi guys, welcome to Install Jupyter Notebook Windows Tutorial. In this tutorial you will learn to install jupyter notebook in windows in very easy steps. So without any delay let’s get started.
You can install jupyter notebook in windows in two ways –
- Using Anaconda
- Using pip
But before proceeding to Install Jupyter Notebook Windows part, let’s just take a quick look through the jupyter notebook.
- 1 What Is Jupyter Notebook?
- 2 Prerequisite To install Jupyter Notebook Windows
- 3 How To Install Jupyter Notebook In Windows?
- 4 Conclusion
What Is Jupyter Notebook?
The Jupyter Notebook is an open source web application. You can use jupyter notebook to create and share documents that contain live codes, equations, visualizations and narrative text.
Uses Of Jupyter Notebook
Uses of jupyter notebook is following –
- Data Cleaning and Transformation
- Numerical Simulation
- Machine Learning
- Data Visualization
It is used for much more apart from above.
Features Of Jupyter Notebook
- Language of choice – Jupyter supports over 40 programming languages including Julia, R, Python and Scala.
- Interactive Outputs – Your code can produce rich and interactive output: HTML, images, videos, LaTex and custom MIME types.
- Share Notebooks – Notebooks can be shared with others using email, dropbox, GitHub and the Jupyter Notebook Viewer.
- Big Data Integration – Leverage big data tools such as Apache Spark from python, R and Scala. Explore that same data with Pandas, Scikit-Learn, ggplot2 and TensorFlow.
Prerequisite To install Jupyter Notebook Windows
To install jupyter notebook in windows, your system must have following things preinstalled –
Jupyter notebook supports 40 programming languages including python. So Python is a requirement for installing jupyter notebook. And that’s why Python 3.3 or greater, or python 2.7 must be installed on your system.
If you don’t know how to install python then you can follow these instructions to install python on your system.
Anaconda is a free and open source python distribution. It is a world’s most popular python distribution platform with 20 millions users worldwide.
Anaconda works for python and R programming languages. Conda is an installer tool of Anaconda which allows you to install third party packages in a very easy way.
You can perform python/R data science and machine learning in the easiest way because conda comes with many scientific libraries preinstalled.
So before installing jupyter notebook you have to download and install Anaconda. So let’s learn how to install anaconda.
How To Install Anaconda In Windows?
You have to do the following steps to install anaconda in windows. So let’s do it without any delay.
In the first step you have to download the Anaconda installer from here.
Now you have to choose anaconda installer according to your system. In our case we are installing it in windows so we will install the windows version.
Now you have to open the installer in Run As Administrator mode to start the installation process.
- To get started you have to click on Next button
- Now you have to click on the I Agree in License Agreement process.
- In the select installation type, you have to select the All Users option. You can also select Just Me option if you want to use it only by yourself.
- Now in the Choose Install Location step, you have to choose the folder where you want to install anaconda application.
- In Advance Installation Options, you can select both options.
- Now your installation process will start. It may take a long time because anaconda is a very heavy software.
- After completion of the installation process you will see Installation Complete popup. Here you have to click on the Next button.
- Now your installation is completed and you will get a Thanks greeting popup. Click on the Finish option and now you are ready to work on Anaconda.
Now we have completed all the pre required tasks to install the jupyter notebook.
Also Read : 7 Best Books For Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning For Beginners
Are you ready to learn more about this install jupyter notebook windows tutorial? Yes, then keep reading.
How To Install Jupyter Notebook In Windows?
Python language provides many distributions to install jupyter notebook but here you will learn about two distribution pip and anaconda.
So let’s start to install jupyter notebook using these two distributions.
Install Jupyter Notebook In Windows Using Anaconda
To install jupyter notebook in windows using anaconda distribution, you have to do following steps.
- Launching Anaconda Navigator
First of all you will open anaconda navigator which is already installed in your system. It may take time to launch because it is a heavy software. Make sure your system is connected with the internet.
- Installing Jupyter Notebook
Now you will click on the Launch button in jupyter notebook.
- Launching Jupyter Notebook
After loading packages and finishing installation, jupyter notebook will start in default browser because it is a web based IDE.
Install Jupyter Notebook In Windows Using pip
pip is python package manager that allows you to install and manage third party packages that are no part of the python standard library.
Now let’s see how to install jupyter notebook using pip in windows.
- Installing Jupyter Notebook
you have to run following command on command prompt to install jupyter notebook.
python -m pip install jupyter
- Launching Jupyter Notebook
And now run following command to launch the jupyter notebook.
Bingo !! we have successfully installed the jupyter notebook in windows. So what’s the delay, let’s start your coding on jupyter notebook.
So you have learnt to install jupyter notebook in windows and now it’s time to wrap up this Install Jupyter Notebook Windows Tutorial. I hope you got benefited from this tutorial. If so then SHARE it with your friends to help them to get out of struggling to install jupyter notebook.
And if you are getting any problems in installing it then drop your queries in the comment section. And the last word is, stay tuned with Dggul AI Tutorial for upcoming AI tutorials.